China Baowu advances further into new materials
Aug 05, 2020 16:00
See Full-size Table Here
China Baowu Steel Group (Baowu), the country’s largest steelmaker by installed capacity, saw its first primary aluminum ingot emerge from its own aluminum production line on July 30, marking the steel giant’s first foray into aluminium smelting and making further progress in the group’s production of metals suitable for use in auto manufacturing.
The company behind the project is Baowu Aluminum Technology Co, located in Sanmenxia city in Central China’s Henan province. Baowu Steel took a controlling 51% stake in the company last February, with other shareholders Henan Energy and Chemical Industry Group and Sanmenxia Investment Group holding the remaining 49%.
The first stage