India mills propose a hike for H1 FY '22 auto contracts
Source：Steelmint Mar 30, 2021 10:00 See Full-size Table Here
ABSTRACTBiannual steel contract negotiations between steelmakers and auto manufacturers have begun with steel mills asking for INR 9,000 ($124) increase in flats and INR 7,000 ($97) in longs for H1 FY '22, SteelMint learned from its credible sources. Steel mills are trying to close the negotiation with auto companies at the earliest for an increase in contract prices in the wake of a widening gap between spot and contract prices, however, the discussion is still underway.
Current domestic steel market scenario- Major Indian steel manufacturers are planning to raise flat steel prices by up to INR 2,000-3,000/t ($27-41) following bullish trends in the global HRC market. Higher export realizations and absence of imports in the near future is likely to cause a steep hike in domestic prices.
You May Also Like
- Sep 27 2021 DAILY: China mills’ iron ore buying up, prices rise
- Sep 27 2021 CISA: China steel mills’ Jan-Aug profitability at 6.2%
- Sep 27 2021 Taiwan Feng Hsin rolls over rebar, scrap prices
- Sep 27 2021 WEEKLY: Lower mill bids hurt Chinese FeMo prices
- Sep 27 2021 WEEKLY: China’s HRC price falls again WoW