UTC+8 ( BJT)

South32's manganese ore share output down 2% over Jul-Dec


South32 Limited, the world's leading manganese mining company, saw its share of manganese ore output from its Australian and South African joint ventures decline by 2% on year to 2.86 million wet metric tonnes (wmt) over July-December, according to the company's latest quarterly report released on January 24. South32 holds 60% of the above twojoint Mn ore ventures, with Anglo American holding the other 40%,as reported.
Within the total, South32's share of production from its Australian operations declined by 7% on year to 1.7 million, mainly due to lower yield at the primary concentrator.   Over October-December, the company's share of manganese ore output totaled 1.3 million wmt, among which that from its Australian operations amounted 807,000 wmt,


To read the full article take a free 7-day trial to Mysteel Global

+65 6653 8227